Saturday, October 2, 2010

Look For Your Rainbow


Perhaps this may not be my most humorous blog, however there are many people that may very well benefit from the words I am about to say. I feel that the subject of pain is an important thing to write about as I have some great information to share about this topic and after all I'm here to write important thoughts that will help some of my readers. For perhaps some or all of my readers, it will be a gift I can share; pain and how I have learned to deal with it. There are times when I believe that I can not go on dealing with the level of pain I have been given, however in fact I can and I must, and therefore I will. I have been told many times I am a trooper and I guess that is a correct estimation of who I am.

Who I am is actually a lover of many things. I love life, I love people who have the art of giving laughter to the masses, perhaps like comedians or entertainers. And those happen to be the people who offer a pathway to pulling onself up by the bootstraps and uplifting themselves to a higher place where the simplicity in life that includes love and laughter and cherished memories, etc. live. Frankly, I believe there is always a way to feel happy again and there are many ways to find those simple yet funny places inside oneself. Make up a happy song and make it your own.

I am hoping that I am helping the few people who do need to learn to deal with pain. I'll itemize a few things and let me know what you think.
1. Control your mind. Watch where your mind drifts and make a conscious effort to not dwell on the negative but instead focus on the positive.
2. Make use of your happy friendships. In other words, the people that bring you joy. Concentrate on what gives you joy from the people you hang out with. Be sure not to hang out with the Debbie Downers in life. After all, they're only there to show you the negative side of life and what you need to do is be light hearted as they will always help you to find that bit of joy that is always there if you look for it.
3. Find a source of medication that works for you, whether it be herbal or pharmaceutical.
4. Laughter is truly the best medicine. Do your best to make light of every situation as much as is possible.
5. Pray to whatever God you believe in.

What I am talking about here is chronic pain. There's a lot of people who have chronic pain, so this is a gift to anyone and everyone who suffers with fibromyalgia to peripheral neuropathy (I actually have peripheral poly neuropathy). It's not fun but I have learned to live with it and find joy at the same time. If you're dealing with the kind of pain that cancer sufferers deal with, I emphathize with those of you who have tremendous pain like that but I do believe that these methods will help. Please know that I learned to have a full life and to laugh heartily about most things in life. I've triumphed over great adversity and now I hardly give it a thought. Please feel free to contact me via email at tarabrock@hawaii.rr.com.

1 comment:

Koushik said...

A good one..
I'm not doweling
on the negative
There may be a chronic pain
But there must be positive
God must have gift
So that you can gain