Saturday, September 11, 2010

My Angel Garden of Love & Joy

I'm sure we all have "mother stories", and I am certainly holding on to my own "mother story". My mother has a very funny sense of humor, at times, and one time I wanted to mention to you my reader, that I had a lovely bottle of wine and shared it with my mother. The funny thing about that story is that my mother can't really handle liquor very well, in fact she can't handle much liquor at all, and she continued to get wasted on this particular bottle. My mother, while she is not normally very funny at all, she really found her funny bone and she was absolutely hysterical. We laughed so hard about whether one could be rock solid and spontaneous simultaneously. And I laughed so hard that I cried. Do you think you can be rock solid and spontaneous at the same time? This is a question I'm posing to you my readers as well. So, if you have a wicked sense of humor, I pose this to you to see if you find this ridiculous or somewhat comical.


The thing is about my mother is that I really love, honor, and respect her. For all the lovely things that she has done for me, although it is very hard to remember them most times, but I really want to say that I am lucky to even have a mother who is alive and I do love her very much. But getting back to the point of realizing that my mother has given me a lovely idea of starting a garden. I want to have a whole potpourri of garden flowers such as pansies, petunias, and plumeria. All these flowers bring so much joy to me because they are alive, growing, and luscious. Flowers make me feel like I am mid-tropics which is ideal for me considering that I am, of course, a Maui girl and there's no way that anyone can take that identity away from me. When I see flowers it reminds me of my mother and my deep love for her so my garden will be a tribute to her.

No comments: