Sunday, September 12, 2010

Whatever is righteous, humble, honest, lovely, honorable, think on these things and make them yours.


I feel the necessity to express my personal need for calmness around me, in my hands, in my heart, and essentially throughout my body. I'm imagining that some of you among my readers may feel the need for serenity as much as I do. So why do I seek the calmness. I seek it because I haven't found it to be mine at this point in time. I love to laugh, I love to bring joy, I love to bring funny thoughts that help to locate people's funny bones. That might be why I am choosing to write this blog in this way today. Calmness to me is being with the people that I love. I want to be around people that I love, honor and cherish, as well as so many other appealing and attractive mannerisms. So I am posing this question to you, what does it take for you to feel calm and joyous? Do they even come in the same "box" together? I want it to because I seek it now.

I express my calmness to you now by way of giving you some quotes from some of my favorite scriptures from the Bible as they have helped me on so many occasions. I am in hopes that you will find peace and joy through these lovely thoughts and phrases. Think on these things: whatever is good, whatever is lovely, whatever brings joy, remember to think on these things. Whatever brings happiness to anyone around you, always think on these things. Whatever is holy or righteous, think on these things. Whatever is kind, always think on these things. From Philippians 3:4, "Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things."

I want wisdom and humility-these are the things that I honor so much in this life. I don't find that there are many people who really understand what it is to have honor and to really live a life filled with honorable thinking at all times and who choose to walk this path. What honor means to me is hard to describe but yet so incredibly important to do. I believe that honor is what I want to show in myself at most any time if not all the time because it really is the principle ingredient of what God gave to all of us-honesty and righteousness. Bringing myself back to the thought of attaining calmness, I find that wisdom, humility, honesty, and righteousness help me along the way. People constantly tell me about how they are so stressed out and I believe that the stress we're all talking about needs to be let go of and the calmness needs to be let in.

Within nature is a lovely way to help find calmness. What within nature helps me to feel such calmness? Is it the water dropping? Remember a few blogs ago I wrote about the negative ion charges you get when you inhabit water for a time. Especially crashing waterfalls, the ocean scent at sunrise or sunset, and the beach. I am in hopes that more resonating calmness can be yours with just the simple action of walking into a tropical rainforest in Hana or sitting by a beautiful lake.

No comments: