Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sunset From My Home


I thought it would be nice to let my fellow bloggers know where I live as it is pretty awesome, I'd say. The reason I feel that it is so awesome is because I get to stay warm all year long and I get to wear shorts and skirts without even a thought about feeling a
chill nearly everyday.

On top of all of this, the beauty of Maui is astounding. I could write on this all day and in fact, I used to work for a company publishing "The Guide to Maui".  Because of this I feel pretty knowledgeable about the place I call home. 

 I live in a place called Kula and I feel truly blessed to be one of the few who get to live on a small acreage (about 4 acres). It is absolutely gorgeous with pristine vistas from nearly every room in my house. It dawns on me that I need to be more thankful for it has been a dream for so long to pull up into my garage and nearly blow my mind at the view. 

And then I need to remind myself that it is about balance, it is always about balance. On one hand I live the life that so many would die for, and on the other hand, having had a stroke that nearly killed me followed by kidney cancer just last year (P.S. happily, they think they got it all), then thyroid disease, and also a condition that has yet been unnamed but is autoimmune in nature and causes tremendous pain most days. I wear patches due to the pain, and as I write this I feel exhausted at the very thought of all that I have to deal with.  In essence, what I am trying to say is that I am no different than anyone else. We all have our moments of bliss, or near bliss, and we all have our moments when frustration gets the best of us. It's a package deal, I hear myself saying. Yes, indeed, it is a package deal.


No comments: