Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Expectations


There is a place on Maui that I love to go because it is a place where the wind blows my hair,  gets in my nostrils and makes me feel  So Alive. I absolutely LOVE it because I can feel that I am a part of the entire scenery.  The ocean, the wind and where the elephant rock meets the sea.  It's all there to greet me if I close my eyes and recognize that at this moment I have all that I need. It is so amazing that words cannot possibly describe the enormity of the feeling you get when you just stand there and BE. 

It is a place that takes me as far away as I want to get and at the same time it's whispering to me that I've got everything I need right here. Right now. 

Maybe this is called life and I shouldn't be expecting anything more from it than this. 

1 comment:

matt_green said...

Hey mom!!! your blog is looking great. Never forget how much i miss you. I can't wait to see you sometime soon. Love your golden haired green eyed boy.( I read that one too.)