Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"The Boy From Bombay"

There are times I feel like I am the proverbial "boy from Bombay" who has no legs nor arms in which to manuvour themselves.  Its kind of like a moment where you can really empathize with those lonely nameless people who live on the streets of Burma, Bangladesh, or Bombay for example.

While I have never been to India, infact I dont know anyone from India,  I have in the past heard of young children begging on the streets of these poor countries.   My heart goes out to all of the impoverished people in the world.  And I don't mean to make light of their plight.  

In any case, I am very blessed to not be among those people who are living with such difficult circumstances.  Although I use them as a description as to how I feel or how I used to feel before I got my super cool walker!  (You  might remember the Blog I wrote that was kind of a silly song. That was because I was so excited to be in control of some wheels again that I wrote a song titled "Me and My Walker.")

Something that I do when I am feeling a little blue is make a silly song out of what I am doing to just bring some levity to the moment.  It works for me sometimes and I offer this as a suggestion to my readers.  

I think it is really important to try to maintain the best attitude you can while going through the difficult moments or months or even years that your bound to have.  In the end it all gets knitted together to become the summary of your life.  It's not what your circumstances are, its what you make of your circumstances.  That is where it comes from.  Remember to not chastise yourself for feeling blue.  Just remember that you have to pick yourself back up and continue on doing your best while keeping your head held high.  It really does work in the long run.  I promise you this, it really does work.

1 comment:

DelorumRex said...

I had a stroke at 39. It was a dozzy! But here I am... typing one handed... and getting okay at it.

I don't want to look like I'm spamming you... but if you want take a look at my site.

Look here if you want a new Cell Phone or a Digital TV.

You can even get your own web site if you like.Click Here.

Just wanting to get the word out... I hope you don't mind.
Nice blog

Feel free to stop by my blog...ME!

or... you can find anyone with this
Free People Search"
They also give you a free web site to help people find the ones they have lost. Check it out!