Monday, July 13, 2009

Today's Life Lesson


This afternoon I came upon a huge life lesson that I'd like to share with you, My Readers.

I hadn't heard from one of my dearest friends for a long time and I suppose that I have had some sorry feelings about that circumstance.  You see, I'm sure that some of you would agree that it's very difficult coming through a major life change such as having a stroke or some other major life incident.  I have felt sad for myself that after having SO MANY FRIENDS all my life to after having had the stroke; now having FAR FEWER FRIENDS.  It has been a painful thing to grapple with considering that I haven't changed at all, other than the dealings of the aftermath of having a massive stroke and all that it left me with.

The good news, in fact, the great news is that I am one of the most persistent and go for it kind of chicks you might ever meet.  I am delighted to stand before you now as a very strong and capable lady who has come a thousand miles.

The lesson that I'm speaking of is that I heard from my friend and found out that the father of her child had a stroke and other complications which led to all of his limbs being amputated.  He's only 54!  And, he has no close family, other than his one daughter.  I have a lot of respect for my friend; respecting him and coming to his assistance for the benefit of his daughter, my "niece".

Isn't it interesting that we have our own crosses to bear and in looking at the situation from all sides, I realize that this man is going through an incredible crisis in his life.  It gives me warmth inside that my friend would be so kind and giving as well as my "niece" being so strong to deal with her dad going thru this crazy situation that would have most people on their knees.  

In fact at this moment I'm saying a prayer to Our God in thanks for my realization that we all have our separate painful things we must deal with and that we need to offer ourselves up to help one and all for the blessings that we get and for the strength that we can and will endure all that we need to, because this is the life he has given us.  And, we owe our thanks for all that he has done for us and will continue to do for us, until such time as we pass the baton to our children and our children's children.




No comments: