Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sjogren's Syndrome


As for the latest and definitely not the greatest information regarding my ever changing health issues---I have now been diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome. I now understand what I have been fighting all of these years. What I'm having to deal with is incredibly difficult. Some of those things that I have been dealing with are; dry nose, massively dry mouth, dry skin, extremely painful peripheral polyneuropathy, and electric shooting pains that feel like I'm sitting in an electric chair.

There are so very many symptoms to mention and these are just a few. I now need to carry with me a squirt bottle of saliva stimulant, which tastes like sh.t. 

There is a medication that I can choose to use or not. It's called Plaquenil. Obviously, there is a lot more that I could say about this, but at this point in time, I shed yet another tear due to the ever mounting frustration with what has become of my life.

If any of you out there have any kind words to pass my way or great jokes,  please send them to me and I will look very forward to reading your comments. Please note that I still have the most wicked sense of humor. : )

Sending loads of aloha, Tara.

3 comments:

Perpetually Optimistic said...

Hi Tara, I found your blog through a "Google Alert" for Sjogren's. I have also just been diagnosed with Sjogren's and Lupus. It has been a very long and painful road to finally get a diagnosis so I am happy to finally know that I'm not insane or just lazy and irresponsible. I admire you for being able to put so much into words to not only help you cope but to inspire others. Just to know that there are other people out there who are determined to make the best of life dispite their trials. I hope to exchange communication with you and I look forward to reading your inspiring posts, whether funny or sad, or simply informative. Keep up the good work and cheers to you! :o)

ArielaBrand said...

Welcome to the club. I know, it's a club that no one want to be in.

Words of advide: Sip, sip, sip that bottle of water.(you can turn that into a little jingle to sing throughout the day!) Keep a cherry pit in your mouth to promote salivation. Speak to your ophthalmologist about punctal plugs and medication in order to prevent corneal damage.

Give yourself a hug and a kiss.

Tara said...

thanks so much for those inspiring words and advice cherry pit sounds better i use candy.