Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Just For the Laugh of it


In these days of economic down turn and financial woes that appear to be effecting virtually everyone, I have a few thoughts to share with you as my readers. It seems rather frighting if not spooky to be upon so much change that we cannot do anything about. I think we as humans for the most part enjoy the security of knowing what will happen next, either tomorrow, next week, next month or .... I think we are all essentially the same. We enjoy the security of knowing that when we wake up in the morning our lives have not drastically changed.

For example, the day the twin towers were destroyed all of our lives and destiny was changed forever. In the aftermath of the horror those few terrorists threw change, fear, and anxiety upon the hearts of nearly everyone. That attack still reverberates even through today as our world will never be the same again. We lost so many privileges in that one act of violence it is really amazing. Now to go to the airport we have to make sure we don't have any liquids, scissors, tweezers, or so many other items that you can go on and on listing them. I imagine if we were to speak with someone in the Airport Security business we would be amazed at all the privileges that we lost just in that one moment of time.

How can we live better even though this negative change was thrown upon us? This world economy is so far beyond what I can grasp because it appears to change every moment of every day. I can just barely believe all the news reports and newspapers. To say that I am a little blown away with the news these days is an understatement. As the news so often is negative that at times I feel I have to turn the news and the t.v. off.

In summary I would like to quote from Philippians 4:8,9 "Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. And the God of peace will be with you."

Another thing I think that helps me in those times of worry and fret is to remember that there is more happiness in giving than there is in receiving. I thought I would pass that little "nugget" on to you today.

One of my best friends whose name is Pam has always had that wonderful attitude that is appealing to so many. She loves laughter and I love to laugh with her. Sometime soon why don't of something that is so funny that you cannot help but laugh about it or at least chuckle about. Maybe its something that happened to you that you don't want to share with anyone because it is so private. After all,  laughter is tonic to the soul. Always remember to laugh and keep on laughing. And very soon that laughter will become real.

And so on this day and on everyday hereafter I send you smiles and great laughter shared among friends.

Aloha Nui Loa and Hui Ho 
From Tara on Maui

P.S. I am sending you a ;) because after all I am all about finding joy, love, and laughter.

No comments: