Wednesday, May 19, 2010

You Are So Funny (at times)


Have you ever awakened in the morning to find that something just made you laugh, yet you can't remember what it was that brought on that piece of silly humor?

In the morning I awaken with a lot of humor and I think that it's a wonderful thing to find humor in the small things, as well as in the large things. For instance, I find humor in myself, because it seems that what I do to myself is kind of nutty. I like to laugh heartily with my friends who know me well - well enough to understand that I might kick myself or say something that I believe is really stupid; however, if you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at? I can't find humor in much of anything right now - and that's why I need to find humor!

I ask myself, "What really makes me laugh?" I think what really makes me laugh is when other people hurt themselves. Isn't that sick? It's not that I really want to have people hurt themselves, but the truth is, that's what's really funny at times.

For instance, I have a friend who continually hits his head, nearly every day. When I look up and see, yet again, another bruise or bang or something that obviously caused another large "owie" to his head, I laugh hysterically. He's forever hurting himself. It's not that I relish people getting hurt, it's just that this person seems to not have the measurements of his head locked in. Hence, it is commonplace for him to ram his head so hard, which brings me great laughter. Sorry to my friend, but he does give me a lot of opportunity to laugh. It really appears kind of stupid, although I don't know that he does these things out of stupidity - I think it's more from not paying attention.




No comments: