Thursday, August 6, 2009

Self Worth


As I contemplate today's blog; there are so many words in my head that continue to scroll by.  These words are all about self worth; my own, yours, his, hers, every body's.  

Self worth is very necessary.  It is an intrinsic part of who we are.   At times, we all fail to recognize our self worth.   Sometimes we may wonder if we have any worth or value at all.   And, if we do have worth, what is it?  At this moment I have been struggling with discovering my own value and my own self worth.

I have had an incredibly difficult time today. (and in fact, not just today) but I've had such a difficult time today because painful words were used by one of my dearest loved ones.  I cannot comprehend how any child of mine whom I have loved so tenderly and deeply all of his life could turn around and verbally devalue me so as to strike me from my innermost core through to my very soul.  How could you my son strike me so thoroughly and completely?

As I must answer my own questions, I realize that the answer obviously lies within me. The answer to the question is that God has made him to be this incredibly wonderful man/child and it is my duty to teach him and let him fly free to his own destination; whatever he chooses it to be.  What I can do is Love him, Love him, Love him and let him know that he is accepted regardless of what pain I might feel from his words.

-But getting back to my original thoughts which are about self worth.

I know I need to remember my self worth in this time, in this hour, in this day.   Just like the trees and the stars; God gave me the right to be here.

I also need to realize that no one can take my worth away.  It is mine. 



No comments: