Friday, April 17, 2009

An Ode to Kit - My Pastor, My Mentor and My Friend


When I say the word, "friend," I as a Christian know that it means more than just a simple "hello and good bye" kind of friendship. I remember in Jesus' time the wearing of robes was customary and therefore when someone offered you their robe in friendship, it was the same as saying they would give their life for you.  My dear friend Kit, I would be honored if you would take my imaginary robe and wear it as a symbol of our friendship. 

You have been such a phenomenal teacher to me throughout the years. I have come to know deeply our God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit through your teachings. You visited me in the hospital when I had a broken hip and when I had my life changing stroke that no one thought I would survive. You have been there for me as a true friend. To say that I admire you does not come close to the feelings that I want to express. 

Kit, you have been an inspiration to so many that I could only wish to make a mark on this world as you have done. The mark you have made is huge. Thank you for teaching me that when one door closes, another door opens. And so it is, Kit you have taught me how to deal with my own future passing with the knowledge that I am going to live forever in the arms of the one you have taught me to love. 

No comments: